The Lights Camera Africa!!! Film Festival, a 3-day cultural event to celebrate independent African cinema, is returning this year with the theme ‘RESET’ – a strategic position to create a platform that encourages stimulating discourse on issues and experiences with family-friendly programming rooted in the African experience. The event will be held at the Federal Palace Hotel, Lagos from 29 September – 1 October, 2017.
Recognizing the current clashing civilizations, overturned norms, emerging trends, this year’s festival brings to the audiences a reflective presentation of film works and conversations that examine issues in various spheres – including politics, science, arts, culture and tradition – in order to Identify the reflections that are more relevant in Nigeria.
According to the founder, Ugoma Adegoke, the festival’s core mission is to expose African and global audiences to good quality independent African content with a view to amplify and stimulate discourse about true experiences.
“For the seventh edition this year, we are bringing to our audiences a strong programme that recognises trending issues and discussions in the public sphere, through which we believe the festival will highlight and encourage mutually respectful and logical conversations. In addition, we are using this opportunity to celebrate and continue all our enduring partnerships, especially with the African Film Festival, New York”, she said.
The popular Festival Souk & Marketplace returns again this year with collectible and loveable memorabilia as well as an inter-disciplinary showcase of literature, visual art and live music during the 3-day cultural fiesta.
The festival is free to attend – interested participants however must register.
For registration, visit http://lightscameraafrica.com/
For general information please visit www.lightscameraafrica.com
- Kemi Adetiba, Adebola Williams, Ego Boyo, Mildred Okwo step out for Lights Camera Africa!!! 2017 pre-event Cocktail
- Yoruba Festival In Taxes
- Abbesi Akhamie, Melissa Adeyemo and Lala Akindoju’s film ‘Still Water Runs Deep’ set to premiere at Toronto International Film Festival
- Press Release | Nigerian Filmmaker And Writer, Onyeka Nwelue, Appointed Jury Member Of Woodpecker International Film Festival In India
- SoundcityTV’s 10 Hottest GH acts, Tunde Ednut Going Back to Comedy x DJ Kaywise on ‘Payola’ & Being Alaba’s Biggest DJ!
- Mercedes Benz African Fashion Festival 2015 Press Release.
- GIDI CULTURE FESTIVAL 2015 ANNOUNCES NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION FOR FESTIVAL-GOERS
- KaymuNigeria Partners Nigezie to Treat Fans to Watch The Nigerian Match with Celebrities
- Y! TV premieres new TV series ‘The 21 Diaries’, a show for millennials on Africa Magic Urban
- Miss AfroAsia UK 2015